ADD-ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder /
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Daniel Amen, M.D. is probably one of the world’s leading specialists in brain functioning who maintains a rational alternative medicine approach in treatment, and believes in sensible non-drug options for treatment.
From his website is the following characterization of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is the most common psychiatric disorder in children and one of the most common psychiatric disorders in adults, affecting between 5-10% of the general population.
What is ADHD? Simply put, ADHD is characterized by:
- Persistent short attention span
- Problems with forethought and judgment
- Impulse control
Please note: Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), the “inattentive” subtype of ADHD, is similar, although it is characterized mainly by inattentiveness without impulsivity and hyperactivity.
Having untreated ADHD affects nearly every aspect of a person’s life and has been associated with:
- Failure to reach potential at school or work
- Family conflict
- Drug abuse
- Legal and criminal problems
- Low self-esteem
- Chronic stress
At Davis Holistic Chiropractic Center the same integrative therapies that we apply to many of the vexing health problems of the modern era are applied to children as well as adults who fall in the category of ADD or ADHD. (We do not treat diseases or syndromes like ADHD) which is the medical approach. We treat the individual to restore normal balance to his or her system.
In short what are these methods of care?
1. Use all available means to normalize nerve, blood, and lymphatic circulation to the brain and the rest of the body by careful advanced chiropractic (applied kinesiology) assessment of where blocks are occurring in the spinal and musculoskeletal systems. Apply therapy to remove these blocks and reassess to make sure neuromuscular function and reflex tests correlating with focus and neurological integration are improving.
2. Make essential dietary changes (removing offending foods that act like excitotoxins) and add nutritional supplementation. This can make a critical difference as to how the nervous, hyperactive system can regulate itself toward healing.
3. Improve detoxification of the body by clearing congestion in the lymphatic system with use of the ionic foot bath coupled with nutritional, herbal, and homeopathic supplements.
Please download and fill out our new patient interview information to bring with you, and schedule your first visit to step onto the path to better health.(DOWNLOAD)
If you would like to meet Dr. Davis and desire more information before committing to care, just ask to be scheduled for a brief complimentary consultation. Tel. (931) 888-0388